Monday, March 15, 2010

Of birthdays and henna

I realized that I shared in my last post the things that I got on my birthday, but I didn't really share the biggest gifts, did I? So here they are:

1) The amazing iPhone.

2) A camping trip next week.

I've already talked my iPhone, and I'll talk about the camping trip next week. No, don't ask where we're camping. I'll share the details after wards! You'll just have to wait in suspense in the meantime.

On a different topic...

I've been playing with henna. My idea is to get some positive symbols on my body, to help combat the depression. Below are some photos.



It seems to me that lighthouses are a powerful symbol. I guess to lead us through the dark to wherever we're going?

Unfortunately my lighthouse is a bit crooked, but oh well. And these photos were taken, of course, before the paste was taken off.

Coincidentally, my first published poem, Mehndi, was about henna. The link is here, though you have to have a Britannica Online Encyclopedia account (which I don't) in order to see it. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

4 comments:

Julie Cornewell said...

Have you ever watched What the Bleep Do We Know? The main character does the same thing, draws positive symbols on herself, only with lipstick. I've tagged you in a blog photo game! http://www.thedomesticwitch.com/2010/03/blog-photo-game.html

Willow Silverhorse said...

Hey girl, I gave you an award ... check it out:

http://collegewitchexperiences.blogspot.com/2010/03/blogs-first-award.html

Debra She Who Seeks said...

The cheery henna is a wonderful idea! And speaking of cheery, there's a Sunshine Award for you over at my blog today!

Sarita Rucker said...

No I haven't actually seen the movie, but I like the name.

And wow -- I get tagged AND get two blog awards on the same day? Wow. I'll pick them up soon, sometime when I'm not on my iPhone. Thanks!