Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Overcoming shyness

I am sort of happy with myself at the moment.

I have a history of being shy when it comes to going up to people and talking to them. It's no problem if someone comes to me and starts the conversation, but me going up to someone else? That's tough. So, I'm sort of happy with what I was able to do this evening.

I was in my backyard, and noticed a ball hiding in one of our bushes (ok it isn't a bush, but I don't think of it as a tree and I don't know what to call it). I figured that it belonged to one of the kids next door, so I retrieved it. While I was retrieving it I found two other balls! So I put them in a bag, and...here comes the part that I am happy with...

I took the balls to the neighbors myself.

That's something I would have had a really hard time doing a year or so ago. A year or so ago I would have just gathered the balls and asked my mom to return them. But in spite of being nervous about ringing their doorbell, I returned the balls myself.

I am overcoming my shyness, little by little.