Friday, March 26, 2010

Painted Hills

Well, I'm back home.

We went hiking in Painted Hills, which was amazing. It's part of the John Day Fossil Beds, although the only fossils I saw at Painted Hills were plants fossils. Still, those are pretty cool.

And the hills. They aren't called Painted Hills for nothing. I'm having some minor technical difficulties and can't upload photos to share at this precise moment, but I can and will give you this link that will show some Google images of the place. It looks amazing, doesn't it? Well, guess what. It's even better actually being there.

My family went there when I was maybe 15 on a family vacation. (And by "family vacation" I mean just mom Tall One and me, since dad is unable to travel due to his wonderful medical problems.) During that trip we visited each of the John Day Fossil Bed locations, but Painted Hills was my favorite. Then when I turned 18 I requested a trip to Painted Hills so that I could explore the place more thoroughly. And now, I went again for my 21st birthday.

3 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Wow, the painted hills look amazing! I've never heard of them before, so thanks for educating me! Glad you had a good time.

Magaly Guerrero said...

I Googled Painted Hills and now I now why you love the place. Like Debra said "Wow"! What a beautiful place. I'm glad you had the chance to go visit/explore. I hope your inner self is feeling better, calmer...

Sarita Rucker said...

It was definitely a healing experience for me.