Friday, April 2, 2010

Photos from my trip

Mom and Tall One are on their way to Canada right now for the first Highland Game of the season. I planned to go with them, but unfortunately I'm sick, and I don't think that a long car ride would mix well with sometimes severe queasiness. :(

So I'm stuck at home!

But, this does mean that I can finally get around to sharing my photos from Painted Hills with you! I do want to say that one thing that the photos won't show is how windy it got while we were hiking. I really love wind, so it was great. For me. Unfortunately not everyone else liked the wind...

The photos are shown sort of in reverse order of when they were taken, because that's just how it worked out uploading them and I didn't feel like switching them around.


It started snowing on us when it was time to leave. We actually wound up going out of our way to avoid getting into too much snow on the way home.



I was having fun with my camera and iPhone.

Ok, so yes, I'm a 21 year old who still sleeps with a teddy bear. It's comfy, and I see no reason to stop at this point in time.

And from the next photo on down to the cow is Painted Hills. I think I'll just mostly let you look at the photos without comments from me.




There was boardwalk to keep us off of the fragile ground in one place.

By the way, I spy paw prints... :)







Animal trails, I think.




The land is pretty fragile there.


To get to Painted Hills we had to go through someone's farm. We said hi some cows along the way. Or rather, they said hi to us.


A light fixture inside our cabin. I thought it was pretty neat.


Again, the view from our cabin porch.


Part of our dinner.


I took this one on our first day at camp, from our cabin porch.

3 comments:

Michael said...

Nothing wrong with teddy bears. Not a thing.

Word Verification Game: "RuPlum"-a crossdressing fruit.

Sarita Rucker said...

:D

Debra She Who Seeks said...

What gorgeous scenery! And love that light fixture!