Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Rays of sunshine through the storm

I haven't been feeling my best. One problem is the depression. I thought that upping the medication had helped, and I wasn't going to see a therapist. But I eventually realized that the Prozac was basically like a band aid over a wound -- it hid the problem but didn't exactly help much otherwise, if that makes sense.

So, I need to get in touch with a therapist.

Then for something like the last four days I wasn't very hungry. I finally looked online and found out that a side effect of Prozac is loss of appetite. Great. Another problem!

So that's the storm. But there has been some sunshine.

~~~~~~~

I got to class today and one of my classmates was HAPPY!!! She had gotten up at 5am (apparently she's a morning person, unlike me) had a cup of coffee and done her homework. She got to school early and annoyed our classmates who were there early with her cheerfulness. She didn't annoy me, however.

It was nice to see someone so cheerful.

~~~~~~~

Between classes this morning I curled up in a comfy chair and took a nap. About a half hour before I had set my alarm to wake me up this kid woke me up because he had a question about who something belonged to.

After his initial question he asked "Why were you sleeping? Shouldn't you have been doing homework?"

Kids. They can get away with so many questions.

After I told him that I would do my homework later he started telling me all about his toy Lego's. So I was able to sit there and wake up while listening to a very happy kid.

~~~~~~~

And my mom bought me chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream!!! Which of course I don't feel like eating thanks to my loss of appetite....but it's yummy....so I will get myself to eat it...

4 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Talking things through with a therapist is a good idea! They can help people see issues and solutions more clearly.

珮瑜珮瑜 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sarita Rucker said...

Will someone please help me? How do I delete the spam right after Debra's comment???

Sarita Rucker said...

Never mind. I just noticed the trash can.

I can be amazingly blind at times.