Friday, April 30, 2010

A sick kitty

I guess that this is technically a Fur Baby Friday post, since it's about one of my furry friends and I'm posting it on Friday.

My dad's cat, Saphira, had an emergency visit to the vet today. This morning she had thrown up on Tall One's bed (which by itself doesn't means she's sick, though it's a nuisance) and then Tall One found her lying in a pile of poop, I think half unconscious. So mom and dad took her to the vet.

I don't know all the details, but she's doing better now. She's back home and we're going to keep an eye on her. However, the vet discovered that she has a heart murmur and that she is aging prematurely, which is a little shocking to me.

Then again, as Tall One reminded me, she was the runt of the litter. And I seem to remember that the runts tend to have the most trouble.

But the good news is that she's not about to die anytime soon, and she's back home. And we're keeping an eye on her now.

This all happened after I had left for work, by the way. So everything I know is through e-mails and phone calls. I do love being able to do e-mail on my iPhone.

Oh yeah, and also...

While this was going on, Tall One locked the other two cats up in my room, probably to keep them away from the sick kitty. One of them (I don't know which) needed to use the kitty box and couldn't wait, so my bed became a subsitute for the kitty box. Oh well. But that's the least of my concerns now, and Tall One will have cleaned it all up by the time I get home. Maybe I'll burn some incense in my room if the smell hasn't cleared out when I get back...

Any good vibes or prayers for Saphira would be appreciated. She's better than she was earlier, but she's still not doing so great.

1 comment:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I'm sending a prayer up to the Cat Goddess Bast for Saphira and I hope she feels better soon. Also a prayer of praise for the Tall One because he's had to deal with so much cat poop today. He's a hero!