Monday, May 10, 2010

It's official

I am getting a NetBook. No, I don't mean that I plan to get one this month. I mean I've already paid the money for it.

I've chosen an HP Mini 210, and it looks pretty good. It does everything I want, and it's small. But despite its size the keyboard is only 92% or 93% of the regular keyboard size, which means it isn't too tiny.

I liked the reviews I saw about it, and my only concern was the touch pad or scroll pad (or whatever it's called) was almost always cited as a nuisance, but I plan to use a mouse anyways, so I don't think that'll be much of a problem.

I'm getting this because I want to be able to take a computer with me that I can write my essays on. As an English major, I'll have to be writing a lot of essays.

Also, my mom and I sometimes wind up needing to use the computer we share at the same time, which can get frustrating. It doesn't happen often, but when it does it's not great. That in itself wasn't the deciding factor to get a NetBook, but it was just one more reason to buy one.

I wound up getting the second most inexpensive of HP's mini 210's, though at first I fell in love with the butterfly one, which is the priciest. I eventually decided that I didn't need the butterfly one after all, but really, isn't it adorable? Just take a look at the following video. It's apparently quite fashionable, and I can see why.



ps. I'll get this in 5 to 7 business days. I think you can safely expect me to talk about it when it comes in.

pps. I am sort of clueless about technical stuff so asked Tall One what he thought about the NetBook I'm getting. I relied heavily on his opinion when making my decision.

ppps. I noticed that when reviews talked about the butterfly version of the HP mini 210 they tend to talk about how fashionable it is rather than what it does. *rolls eyes* Yeah, it looks cool, but what about its performance? Hello? Some of us want to know about things like performance.

4 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Congrats, sounds like a great choice! I'm sure you'll love it!

Sarita Rucker said...

Yeah, I think I made a good choice. I hope I did. Maybe I didn't make the BEST choice, but researching technical stuff is sort of intimidating so I decided to just go with one that I knew would work beautifully.

Anonymous said...

The reason they talk mostly about the looks is the folks they're MARKETING to mostly care about ... the looks =).

Sarita Rucker said...

Yeah, I guess so.