Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Moving out

So I'm looking at getting out of the house, and am creating a list in my head of what I'll need. Well, I figured I should write this down, and that I may as well share it here.

1) Vacuum cleaner and/or broom (and a mop with the broom)

2) Microwave safe dishes

Note: I do have my parent's good China set in my hope chest, but I also need less extravagant dishes that go in the dishwasher and microwave.

3) Cooking pans, pots, etc.

4) A kitty box

5) Silverware

6) Towels

7) Hand towels

8) Mini hand towels, or whatever they're called

9) Cups

10) Laundry pamper

I know there's more, but I'm not sure what...

There are some apartments I'm interested in. They look good, seem affordable, and I like the location. For privacy's sake I'm not saying where they are, but I just wanted to mention that I've got a particular place in mind.

ps. Maybe I could steal some of my mom's stuff...after all she did that to her mom, so she'd understand...

8 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Don't forget pillows, sheets and a comforter!

Sarita Rucker said...

lol I already have those though. I'm making a list of things I'd need to buy or steal from my mom. :)

Diandra said...

You'll find out what you need only once you've moved into your own place and go, "Hmm, I could clean the windows - wait, with what?" etc.

Magaly Guerrero said...

I agree with the lady with the sexy new profile pic (Diandra) You'll realize that you need more stuff once you are in your new place, so wait until then and THEN steal your mom's stuff ;-D

Judy said...

Mom might be able to help you with your list...she probably has extra stuff that she would be happy to give you...

Jupiter Greenmoone said...

Green cleaning products! A must have! And if you want to go super cheap and green, vinegar, baking soda and regular dish soap will clean ANYTHING! If you don't believe me, just ask :)

Sarita Rucker said...

I'll remember that about the cleaning stuff.

I want to be as prepared as possible for my new place (wherever it is) but I do know that no matter how well I plan, there will be things I don't think of. :)

Madam Lost said...

Just for the record -- what I {Sarita's mom said} was when you do "appropriate" some of the family stuff for you new apartment, let's talk about it first. We don't want a repeat of what happened several years after I moved out and opened the car trunk in my mom's presence and she said, "oh, that's where my good bedspread went."