Sunday, May 2, 2010

Things I want

1) A hammock

2) A netbook

3) An apartment or house, and a room mate

4) Chickens

5) A cat tree that reaches up to the ceiling

6) A cat wheel (it's like a giant hamster wheel, but for cats)

7) A DNA test to learn more about my heritage

I think that getting a net book would be really good for me. I'll have to do a LOT of writing as an English major, and having my own computer type thingy to carry around with me will make it much easier. So I guess you could say that I do actually need a netbook, and I will definitely be getting #2 soonish.

I really want to get #1 even sooner than #2, but I'm not sure if that's practical. Yeah, it would be great in our back yard, and I would love to take naps on it, but shouldn't I be saving my money? After all, I can take naps inside the house and our camping chairs are quite comfortable as lawn chairs. (In case you can't tell, I'm still trying to convince myself that getting a hammock wouldn't be a good idea.)

I plan to get #7 really soon. I have three Native American tribes in my heritage, and I only know one of the tribes. This is quite annoying, to say the very least. It would also be nice to find out exactly how many generations back my Scottish heritage is. And, I can get a DNA test for less than $150.

#3 will have to wait until I have a bigger pay check. And yeah, I think that having a room mate is a requirement for me moving out. I don't think that I would be very happy living all by myself.

#5 and #6 will have to wait until I have #3, simply because we don't have space in my parent's house. #4 will also have to wait until I have #3 because my mom won't let me build a chicken coop in our back yard and I'm not sure if I would even have time to take care of chickens.

So I'll be getting #2 pretty soon, #7 pretty soon, and I want to get #1 really soon. But I'm still trying to convince myself that I don't really need #1. lol

Do you have a list of things you want or need?

5 comments:

Dalesings said...

Have you looked at the iPad?

Debra She Who Seeks said...

That's an interesting list! I read somewhere that when women get that DNA test, it will trace only our female line of ancestry because of course both our chromosomes are XX. To trace the Y male line, one of your male relatives would need to get their XY DNA tested too.

Sarita Rucker said...

Dale -- Tall One suggested it to me this evening, and he looked up the info for me. The iPad could work, but I also want to look at my other options.

Debra -- I hadn't known that. The heritage that I'm really curious about is on my mom's side, so that's ok. Maybe I could talk my brother into letting me get a DNA test done on him to also find out about dad's side...hmmm.... But thanks! I'll have to do a little more research. :)

Tricia said...

I think even if the male gets it done, it only traced through the female genes, if I am interpreting what someone told me correctly. Somehow it's the female genes that carry the info, I don't think you can get more than one generation back on the male line.

~Haley~ said...

Hammocks aren't that expensive, but since you're trying to move out, maybe you could look into a hammock chair? My mom bought my boyfriend and I each one for Christmas, but you need somewhere to mount it (a branch or a ceiling) and they're VERY comfortable! =]