Monday, June 28, 2010

Highland Games in BC

Hullo, I'm back from Canada! :) ...actually I got back Saturday evening. It just took me this long to finally blog about it.

I didn't get to see any caber tossing, but that was ok. I did see another heavy weight sport, and I found a video of it on YouTube.



Tall One did pretty well in his bagpipe competition too, by the way. :) So it was a pretty good Highland Game, I think.

Now, about the hotel...

Mom and Tall One had stayed in this hotel before, but I hadn't. When they told me that our room had a balcony I was excited. I love balconies. They let in air more than a window can. So you can imagine my disappointment when I discovered that the balcony opened onto the inside of the building. Seriously. Here's a photo of the view from our balcony.


Oh well. I guess I really can't complain if the worst thing about the room was that the balcony was on the inside of the building instead of the outside.

Something that I did find funny was that there was a phone next to the toilet. Just think, you can call back home while you're on the pot! And you might even be able to use the phone while taking a shower!


It really was a nice hotel. I just found these quirks about it to be somewhat funny.

3 comments:

許紀廷 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Debra She Who Seeks said...

I hate it when I'm talking to someone on the phone and I hear a *flush* in the background! Thanks for multi-tasking!

Sarita Rucker said...

lol Yeah, I was reading a list of things NOT to do if you're trying to get a job, and one of the things listed was flushing the toilet while on the phone with your potential employer. I was like "wait, people seriously do that??"