Sunday, June 13, 2010

More about Ashland

Here are some photos taken from my recent trip to Ashland.



This was a rather unusual clock that I just had to photograph.



I took this at Lithia Park. If you go to Ashland, visit that place. It's beautiful.


My hotel was old fashioned and charming. It even had this old old heater in it!


When I first saw this I thought that it was ice cream and Soundpeace all in one. No such luck -- they're two separate places. Ah well.

But you can get a nice book from Soundpeace (even though I didn't buy a book) and then read it as you eat ice cream next door. :)


This was right outside Soundpeace.


Tickets for two of the plays I saw.


During a tour we were allowed to take photos inside the Elizabethan theater.

Things can get quite interesting when this stage is used. They have to deal with the weather, which is sometimes disagreeable. And when they work with the lighting the tour guide said that they often find surprises. (I saw a dove making a nest among the stage lights during my tour.)

The set up you see is for Henry IV.


The entrance to one of the three theaters they have plays in. It's also the one that I did not see a play in.

3 comments:

saa said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Debra She Who Seeks said...

The Elizabethan theatre looks wonderful but it's open-air, right? I hope they don't get a lot of rain there! And Soundpeace looks like the kind of store I would enjoy!

Sarita Rucker said...

Yes it is open air. The theater isn't open for about half the year, though, due to weather. But even when it's supposed to be the good time of year the weather can get bad. Before the performance of Henry IV it was announced that some rain was heading our way, and wasn't expected to get to us too quickly but that it might. They also explained that the show would go on regardless of rain unless it became too dangerous for the actors, which wasn't likely. Fortunately it didn't rain. :)