Monday, June 21, 2010

Odds and ends

So much to write about!

~~~~~~~

First, Father's Day. Dad went out to dinner with mom, Tall One made some delicious lemony stuff for desert, and we gave dad an audio book from the two of us. :)

~~~~~~~

I am the type who will sleep in until noon (or later....) if I am not expected to be someplace in the morning. It doesn't matter if I set my alarm to 10am the night before and have every intention of getting out of bed at that time -- it just doesn't happen. I keep hitting the snooze button, and/or eventually turn it off.

I've gotten sort of tired of sleeping in (since I had nothing to MAKE me get out of bed last week) so I am now volunteering at my local library. This morning I spent three hours being productive by the time it was noon! And, I found a few more books that I want to read.

Thank gods for my library. What would I do without it?

~~~~~~~

And speaking of my library...

The other day there was someone I knew working the summer reading desk, so I jokingly asked "Hey, may I sign up for summer reading?" The first part of her answer I expected: "No, you're too old..." But the second part took me by surprise. "...but XXX library has a summer reading program for adults."

I was stunned.

How long has "XXX" library had a summer reading program for adults??? Is this its first year, or could I have signed up for it the last couple years after I aged out of my local library's summer reading!?

Of course I signed up with XXX library that evening. I love love love reading, and if there's a relatively local library that has an adult summer reading program, I'm signing up! After all, why should summer reading just be for kids?

~~~~~~~

And speaking of things to do with summer...

The weather doesn't seem to know it where I live, but today is Litha! That's Pagan speak for summer solstice, by the way. ;) I'm not sure what I'll be doing for it yet. I'll have to figure something out, and I'll post about it later.

:D

2 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Keep us posted about your Summer Reading Program! And Summer Solstice blessings to you!

Sarita Rucker said...

Oh I'll be talking about my summer reading allrighty. But I'll be talking about the books over at my book blog. :)

...unless I win something, in which case I'll blog about it here....