Tuesday, June 8, 2010

A Pagan Values Month post

Over the weekend I got an aroma diffuser. It's one of those that you put water in the top with a few drops of herb stuff in it, and place a little candle in it.

This morning I used it for the first time and I suddenly realized that it combines all the elements presented in the pentacle: earth, air, fire, water, and spirit. Are you wondering how they are all present?

Earth -- The material used in making the diffuser comes from the earth, as does the several drops placed in the water that give the lovely scent.

Air -- The scent is released into the air.

Fire -- A candle is used to heat things up so that the scent is releases into the air.

Water -- The drops containing the herb are placed into water.

Spirit -- The spirit is soothed, and I imagine that one of these could be used in rituals.

I've only used mine once but I already love it. Also, I think it could be a good alternative for people who want to use incense but are allergic to the smoke.




I know I'm writing about this in a Pagan context, but it can definitely be used by non-Pagans. :)


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone