Thursday, July 15, 2010

Guess what?! =D

First of all, I'm growing an avocado tree from seed. It is finally growing a root, and I was so excited that I just had to share it here!

Second, I finally got ahold of some new roving. What's roving? It's wool (or cotton or something else) that is ready to be spun into yarn. The roving I got is very colorful, and I cannot wait to start working with it. :)

Also, I'm trying to make up my mind about something: now that I know how to use a spinning wheel, do I want to buy one? I have the money, so it's just a question of whether I want to save the money for moving out (which I will, sooner or later!!!) or spend some of it on this. Everyone I've asked -
- ok, the two people I've asked -- have
recommended that I go ahead and buy a spinning wheel, but I'm hesitating. The problem is that they're darned expensive, and cost a few hundred bucks. I would probably be lucky to find one for a measly two hundred dollars.

So that's what's going on in my life right now. Nothing much exciting unless you like making things or growing things. Oh, and books! Don't forget my summer reading. And the occasional Highland Games. :)

2 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

You know, Christmas (or Yule) is only 5 months away -- maybe you could score a spinning wheel that way?

原秋原秋 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.