Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Spinning wheel

Guess what guess what guess what guess what??? I got a spinning wheel on Saturday!!!!! =D

The first place mom and I went to didn't have anything in my price range that I liked. I bought some roving, but left that particular store without a spinning wheel.

We were on the way home when I suddenly spotted spinning wheels in the windows of a store. I told mom to pull over, and soon found that the shop had an inexpensive (relatively speaking) spinning wheel in stock that I liked. I was very very happy, and got it.

Mom took the following photo of me at the wheel. I had to put it together myself, which I found to be a nuisance at first but now I'm actually glad of it. Having to assemble it taught me a little more about how it works, and I like that. :)


4 comments:

Tiffany said...

I'm glad you found one. I've thought of starting up spinning, but I'm sure I have way too many hobbies as it is.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Congrats! Athena, the Goddess of spinning and weaving, must have guided you to that store! Have fun with your new hobby!

Sarita Rucker said...

I didn't know that Athena was the goddess of that.

But I work with the Celtic pantheon, so it was more likely Ceridwen than Athena. But then again, I could be wrong.

But yeah, I was saying "Someone probably had a hand in this..." :)

WarriorPrincessDanu said...

That is so cool!!! I've recently been learning how to spin using a drop spindle, and because of it I've developed a greater appreciation for how much work goes into making clothes.