Monday, July 5, 2010

Then vs. Today

I got to thinking about where I am now versus where I was a year ago.

A year ago I intended to become a music therapist. Today I have no idea what I want to be.

A year ago I was eagerly awaiting my first term (even my first day) at Marylhurst University. Today I feel a little uncertain of what I'm doing.

A year ago I was entering the music therapy program. Today I am enrolled in the English program.

A year ago I planned to live with my parents for a few more years. Today I'm impatient to get a place of my own.

It's amazing what can change, in a single year.

5 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

You're at that age of Wonderful Big Changes too! Blessings on your journey as you become Who You Are.

Magaly Guerrero said...

Life happens my love and change can be a blessing. It is good that your path is taking its own shape; the one you are giving it. You are growing, I'm sure I'm not the only one who has seen it through your posts. Good luck and a world of blessings!

P.S.: I was reading about "Scottish Highlanders and hilts" today and I thought of you ;-)

文婷文婷 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Harriet Schwartz said...

Hang in there! Keep an open mind -- sounds like you are and that's a good thing. Have you ever gone to your college career center? A good career counselor could be helpful as you continue to explore. All the best! Harriet

Sarita Rucker said...

Debra -- The Time of Wonderful Big Changes can be sorta cool, and I may need to keep reminding myself that it can be cool because in a way it's annoying to not know where I'm going!

Magaly -- Really? You've really seen me change through my blog posts? Somehow that surprises me, but maybe it shouldn't.

Harriet -- That's something that I might have to look into. Thanks!