1) There's another mosque nearby. Why aren't people complaining about that one? Why are they picking on this one?
2) Not all Muslims are terrorists. The terrorists just get all the attention because they are noisy and get noticed, unlike the well behaved Muslims, who by the way far outnumber the terrorists.
3) Why should we judge all Muslims by the actions of a few? If that's the new policy, then why don't we judge all Christians by the few who torture and murder people accused of witchcraft? And don't tell me that witch hunts are a thing of the past, because they do still happen in some parts of the world. (And it is an unfortunate fact that some Pagans do judge all Christians by the witch hunters.)
4) I'm pretty sure that the mosque will be part of a multi-faith center. Aren't multi-faith centers good? Shouldn't we want more of them around?
5) The fuss about the Park51 endangers the religious freedom of everyone in the United States of America.
1) The Dove World Outreach church in Florida has decided to burn Qurans on September 11th this year.
2) Last week a Taxi cab driver in NYC was asked "Are you Muslim?" After answering yes, the cab driver was attacked with a knife.
3) On Saturday there was a fire at a location in Tennessee where there were plans to build a mosque (the second one in the area). The case is still under investigation, but arson is suspected. Additionally, some of the locals are concerned that "people will learn jihad inside the mosque's walls."
Evidence #1 is to take place in less than two weeks. Evidence #2 and #3 both took place within the last week. I think this is proof enough that the religion of Islam is being attacked.