Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Growing stuff

On July 15th I shared a photo of an avocado seed that I was growing. Well, I am back with more photos of the avocado...along with photos of a second avocado, and two ginger plants.

I did have three avocados at one point. Yeah, I know it's a bunch...but a friend gave me a second one, and later when I was making some guacamole I discovered an avocado seed that was ready to grow. Unfortunately the one that my friend gave me died (I think it was a mistake to put it in soil so quickly...) so now I only have two.

And I've got the ginger because a ginger root that I got to make tea with started sprouting. Surprised the heck out of me.


My little tree is sprouting leaves! Aren't they adorable? :D


I'm not sure what this ginger plants is doing, but it's also cute.

3 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

That's quite the garden!

Judy said...

The ginger root just spouted? I would like to try that...

Sarita Rucker said...

Just buy ginger root, and leave it alone for a while. That's how mine sprouted. lol It rather surprised me. But the tea I'd made with it before it sprouted did taste odd anyways...

Or even better yet, maybe stick the ginger root in water like I have. I only did this after it sprouted, but it might encourage it to sprout. I don't know.