Thursday, August 5, 2010

Life

I'm not sure where I want to go in my life, what I want to do with my life, and I feel like I'm sort of floundering. But I guess that everyone flounders at some point or other. Isn't it normal?

I came within an inch of leaving Marylhurst and returning to PCC. I actually sit down today to e-mail my advisor in the English program telling her about my decision, but found that I couldn't. Yeah, I really liked the idea of going to PCC and getting a degree -- or a certificate, one or the other -- that would allow me to be a library assistant, but I found I couldn't. Rather than write that e-mail, I went outside to sit in the grass and think.

I'm still not sure what I'm going to do. There is a part of me that wants to return to PCC and get that certificate (or degree) that would allow me to be a library assistant, since I do love libraries. For reasons I'd rather not post on this blog, I feel like that would be my safer option.

But I also love Marylhurst, and I want to remain an English major there.

I'll talk to my advisor. Perhaps that will give me an idea of what I want to do. At the moment I'm leaning towards staying at Marylhurst, but this morning I was convinced that I would be returning to PCC.

We'll see.

5 comments:

Diandra said...

Sometimes it's difficult to decide which path to follow. But I think if you have started something, unless it's at the very beginning, you should finish it. There will be plenty of time for other things later, but there's always the danger of simply not finishing things (as my sister does).

Debra She Who Seeks said...

May Hecate guide you at the crossroads.

Judy said...

Can't you get the library assistant degree at either place??

Sarita Rucker said...

No. Marylhurst has a lovely library, but no degree that's designed to prepare me for library work.

Magaly Guerrero said...

Like can be tricky like that, but I think it is very normal. I changed my major a couple of times: Spanish Lit to Psych for my BA and then from Criminal Justice to Counseling for my MA, now I'm going for a second degree on Creative writing... I hope this is it, but who knows.

I hope the light of the Old Ones guide you. Many hugs my dear.