Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Exciting stuff

You may (or may not) remember that I have a work study position, which is a job that I've got through the financial aid office. This is pretty good, but the downside is that I can only work when I'm enrolled for at least six credits. This translates to me not working this summer since I didn't take any summer classes.

The good news is that I return to work tomorrow!

I'm pretty excited. Not just about earning money again, but also about seeing the people there. Well, mainly about seeing the people again.

I hadn't realized how much I missed my coworkers until a few days ago when I stopped by for a surprise visit to drop off some paperwork. I was happy to see them again, and was pleasantly shocked to discover that I had arrived just in time for someone's birthday party.

Is that a good omen? That I showed up just in time to sing happy birthday and eat chocolate? I like to think it's a good omen.

Now, for more exciting stuff...

Tall One is taking his first English class this fall term. I think I'm more excited about it than he is. He got his books today. One is an anthology and the other is Catcher in the Rye by...by someone. I don't know who. I'm going to read Catcher in the Rye, and this evening I was exclaiming over the anthology so much that mom took it away from me.

I'm so overexcited about Tall One's English class that I'm pestering him to tell me what's on his syllabus as soon as he finds out. I can't wait to see if he gets to study any of the short stories I've read for school.

Ok, so yeah, I guess I'm a little crazy when it comes to books...I guess that's why I'm an English major!

No comments: