Sunday, September 26, 2010

Hair stuff

It's been ages since I've talked about hair, but you might remember that last winter I started experimenting with going "no poo" -- that is, not using shampoo or conditioner on my hair. The idea is that once your hair gets past the greasy stage, your scalp will stop producing so much oil and shampoo is no longer needed.

Alas, that was not the case with me.

I eventually tried some Burt's Bees shampoo, which is all natural, using a vinegar rinse in place of conditioner. Unfortunately, the shampoo made my hair rather lifeless, which I did not like. (I would like to add that whatever I think of their hair stuff, I love Burt's Bees chap stick!)

So now I'm back to where I was before trying no poo, which is using some 2 in 1 stuff that combines shampoo and conditioner. It's pretty simple, but works really well on my hair.

Have you ever gone to great lengths to try to find out how to do something better (whether it was taking care of your hair, or something else), only to find that what you were already doing was actually the best thing for you?

I've read great stories about other people going no poo and it being great for them. I guess I'm just not one of those people it works for!

4 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Well, at least you gave it a shot!

Sarita Rucker said...

And it was fun. Most of the time, anyways. :)

Willow Silverhorse said...

I haven't tried the no poo thing yet. I'm rather prone to a greasy scalp as it is so I got worried when it said there was the possibility of greasiness lol. Also, thanks for the response on my blog, sorry it was so long, I just kind of typed as I thought and that's what I came up with lol. Have you read about my blog party yet? It's called Inspiring Witches Halloween Blog Party. Drop by my blog and check it out if you want... I'm hoping it'll be a fun thing to do on my blog for Halloween.

Sarita Rucker said...

Truthfully I think I've read less than half your blog posts recently. Tomorrow I'll have to find the post about the blog party. Right now I need to figure out bus schedules and then get some much needed sleep. (I'm suddenly so busy, with the first day of school. I'm running off from reading blogs to go to class, now I'm running off from reading blogs (again) to get some sleep...)