Tuesday, September 14, 2010

News: good and bad

The bad news:

Grandma has Parkinson's disease. She was diagnosed today.

She's also been declared a ward of the state of Texas, and has been deemed unable to properly care for herself. She's being placed in a nursing home, and will not be allowed to return home. This has been explained to grandma, but she's still convinced that she's going back home.


The good news:

I have placed one of my avocado trees in a pot. I am quite happy with myself.

3 comments:

Travis Erwin said...

Sorry to hear about your grandma's illness.

Magaly Guerrero said...

I hope she receives great care where she is going and that she makes some nice friendships. Maybe you can use your green thumb to beautify her new living space (if the institution allows it).

Is grandma there yet? And if she it, how is she doing?

Sarita Rucker said...

Yes she's in the nursing home. And she's not doing so great -- it seems she might have cancer. :(