Monday, September 20, 2010

Semi-randomness



Yesterday I took a road trip with a friend of mine. We took off for the coast and spent maybe a couple hours on the beach. It was cold and windy, but good.

I took my kite. I can't even remember the last time I flew it. And no, that's not an exaggeration. Well, not much of one, anyways.

I was very excited to fly my kite on the beach. Unfortunately, it turned out to be too windy to be kite flying. Did you know such a thing was possible? I didn't. A stranger who apparently knows something about flying kites told me so after my kite broke in the wind. Oh well.

Now, on a totally unrelated topic...

I started a dream journal in the last couple weeks. I don't really analyze my dreams, with a few notable exceptions, so my journal isn't for that purpose (yet). But my dreams can be rather bizarre and entertaining, so I thought I may as well start a dream journal.

It's been less than two weeks since I started writing down my dreams (or fragments of my dreams, or fragments of fragments of my dreams), but already I've noticed two things:

1) Virtually every time I write in that journal I put at least one name down of someone who was in my dream. Whether it was my mom, a friend, a coworker, or Darth Vader, I dreamed about someone who I know personally or who I know from a story. (No, I don't know Darth Vader personally.)

2) I tend to revisit places in my dreams. I guess it's a form of reoccurring dreams? It's not like I keep revisiting the same place night after night, though. And generally the circumstances are different each time. I think. I haven't revisited the same place twice during the time that I've been keeping my journal, though...

These are two interesting revelations. For one thing, I hadn't realized that in every dream (pretty much) there's someone who I can put a name to. This was rather surprising to me. Secondly, I did know that I tended to revisit places in my dreams, but I didn't realize how often I do it.

Have you ever kept a dream journal? Did you have any surprising revelations?

2 comments:

adesola njoku said...

The video which is shared here is very interesting. As I was enjoying very much while watching and listening that video.

Sarita Rucker said...

I'm glad you liked it. :)