Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Yes, I'm whining

I stayed home today, sick. Well, ok, I guess that was technically yesterday, since it's now 2:05AM. I haven't been feeling well the past few days, and today (sorry, yesterday) it was finally enough that I called in to work sick and e-mailed my professors to explain my absence.

What fun. And don't ask me what I'm sick with. I'm certain that it isn't flu, and it's definitely not a cold, but I don't know what it is.

Then this evening I went to bed early at about 10pm. I lay in bed for a few hours, tossing and turning, unable to sleep. Then at about 1:45am I gave up and got out of bed to have a (late) midnight snack.

I don't like to complain about being sick on this blog, but...do I have to be sick and deal with insomnia at the same time? Do I really? If this is some bored deity's idea of a joke, I am not amused.

Fortunately, I do have some good news to share...

Yesterday (or I guess that was two days ago, since it was Sunday and it's now the wee hours of Tuesday) we got the Halloween decorations out of the attic and decorated. What we've got is cool, or so I think, but we haven't got very much of it. Part of me wants to go out and buy more Halloween stuff, but I'm forcing myself to show restraint. Maybe I'll share photos of what we have got.

What have you done for Halloween/Samhain?

3 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

So far all we've done for Halloween is buy the pumpkins we will carve. Oh, and we did put up our "Best Witches" sign in the front yard.

I hope you feel better soon, plus have a good night's sleep.

Sarita Rucker said...

Ooo, pumpkins, we also ought to carve pumpkins this year...

Jon said...

I really hope you feel better soon!