Monday, November 15, 2010

Sacred space

This evening I was reminded by a bored deity (to steal Anne's Johnson's term) that even though I may have lots of stuff on my to-do list, I shouldn't ignore my spiritual practices. And you know what? If I do take time to pray, meditate, drum, do whatever I need to to fulfill my spiritual needs, I'll probably have more energy for the stuff on my to-do list.

And speaking of spirituality...

The latest Pagan Blog Prompt is the following: "What is your sacred space like? Is it a permanent set up, or something you only create when you need it? What sorts of things do you need in order to make your space sacred? Is it an outdoor or indoor thing, or whenever and wherever you need it?" For those of you who aren't familiar with it, it's exactly what it sounds like. Pagan Blog Prompts is there to provide blog prompts for Pagan bloggers. I've been aware of it for some months, but this is the first time I'm actually responding to it.



I guess my sacred space is my bedroom. It's my only space that is all my own, since I live with my parents and brother. It hadn't been sacred space, until I recently did major cleaning in it (which still isn't done -- I do need to go through some drawers). While cleaning I have made an effort to get rid of negative energy, and invite the good in.

I also moved my altar. It had been on a bookshelf, and that worked for a while, but it was finally time for a change. So I moved it to a little nightstand type table, and am trying to figure out what to do with it to make it my ideal altar. It's a work in progress. I might share photos eventually, but at this point in time it doesn't feel appropriate.

The one downside to my altar's new location is that the cats can jump on it. lol That's ok though, I guess. I just need to make sure that I don't leave anything breakable on it. And I shouldn't let the cats in my room while any candles are lit, since they might jump before looking.

No comments: