Monday, December 27, 2010

Christmas loot

Ok, so I know that Christmas is about giving, not receiving, but I've just got to say...I am VERY happy with the stuff I got this year! :) I'll just share three things I got...

First of all, I requested a lap desk. I was very happy when I unwrapped it, until I got it set up. Once I got it set up I became quite dissatisfied because I found it a little too plain. So, I decided to solve the problem with some paint and my limited painting skills. I am very happy with the results.


The labyrinth was pretty easy to paint, by the way. If you just Google "how to make a labyrinth" you can quickly find very simple step by step directions.

I also requested, and received, The Burning Island by Pamela Frierson. It turns out that it's an out of print book, but mom was able to find it on Amazon.com.

Tall One surprised me with his gift -- a CD of Peter Paul and Mary's music. I really don't know why I was so surprised, though. He was questioning me just last week about which of their CDs I have. I should have guessed what he was up to. lol And I'd like to share a song here...

Well, the song I wanted to share was "Garden Song", which seems to me to have a Pagan twist. (You can read the lyrics here.) But I can't find it sung by Peter Paul and Mary on YouTube, so I'll share "The Marvelous Toy" instead.



I think this is the type of song that I could play again and again and again and again and...and so many times that I'd drive my family crazy. Tall One has probably just created a monster, and he doesn't even know it yet. Bwahaha!

Oh yes, and Tall One...

Tall One requested, and received, a penny whistle for Christmas. His penny whistle is special in that it has the same fingering as a highland bagpipe, so he was able to pick it up and start playing it immediately, much to our delight. :) I think that penny whistle was a present to the whole family.

What did you get this holiday season?

2 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Great decorations on your lap table -- you KNOW which one I like best! Glad to hear the Tall One got a penny whistle -- that will open up a whole new world of Irish music. Won't be long until he's in a celtic band of some sort, I'm sure!

Sarita Rucker said...

He probably will wind up in a band sooner or later.