Monday, December 6, 2010

Further proof of the season

Further proof that the holidays are approaching is that UPS is dropping off packages on our doorstep and my parents are strangely silent about what is in those packages.

Also, my school choir had two performances this weekend. One was a benefit concert, and the other one was at The Grotto.

I first performed there a few years ago with another choir. Ever since then I have looked forward to performing there each holiday season because it is really a beautiful venue, and I love how we sound there.

My mom recorded the performance at The Grotto, and below are three songs from the performance. And FYI, I am the soloist in "Breath of Heaven"!!!








More videos to follow. :)

And yes, in the future I will post some more Pagan themed holiday stuff. As a matter of fact, I've been coming up with a list of what to perhaps post about, including:

* Being in an interfaith family
* Favorite holiday traditions -- both Pagan and Christian
* Commonalities between Yule and Christmas
* There's nothing wrong with putting Christ back in Christmas, but hello, this season doesn't belong entirely to Christians!
* ...

I know there was at least one more thing on the list, but I can't remember it...

If you have a subject or question related to the holidays that you'd like to see me blog about, let me know. I'll probably get to it once I'm through writing papers for school. (Two to go...both due this Thursday, and then I'm done!)

:D

2 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Hey, great solo, Sarita! "Breath of Heaven" is a new song to me, but the other two are among my favourite carols. Your choir gave a wonderful performance of them all!

Sarita Rucker said...

"Breath of Heaven" was also new to me this term.