Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Happy Yule!!! :D

My family is celebrating Yule this evening by keeping a fire going all night long. Tall One is the official Fire Tender (not to be confused with Fire Tinder), and he got the fire going.

I've been saving this next song for Yule. I hope you enjoy it!




Last night was the total lunar eclipse. I was able to see it, though I had to wait for breaks in the clouds. But I guess I can't complain too much, because I know some people weren't able to see it at all.

I took some photos, and would like to share them.



Partway through the eclipse Tall One taught me how to use the shutter speed on my camera. I didn't know my camera even had a shutter speed!

Thanks to my new found knowledge, the following photos are higher quality than the previous two.



Doesn't it look like Mars in these photos?


The moon didn't look quite that red to the naked eye, but it was somewhat reddish.

3 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Solstice blessings to you, Sarita! Lovely song and photos. Enjoy the bonfire!

Magaly Guerrero said...

Blessings to you too my darling. I missed most of the eclipse, but I was able to glance upon the last of it. The orange-looking moon was impressive.

Guess what? You won the Action Bible! You get to read about Jesus and his gang kicking wicked butt! email me your information at magalyguerrero at live dot com. Congrats!

http://pagan-culture.blogspot.com/2010/12/zombie-kitty-presents-winners.html

Judy said...

Very nice song...any idea if it's available to put on my blog?