Thursday, December 16, 2010

Total Lunar Eclipse on Yule!!!


I just found out today that there will be a total lunar eclipse on the solstice. I am a little bit astounded, to say the least. How often does this kind of thing happen on a solstice???

Anyways, I wanted to let people know, in case there's anyone else who (like me) has been clueless about this little detail.

I'm just hoping that I'll actually be able to see the eclipse. I mean, I'm in the right location, but the weather forecast is cloudy. :( Oh well. We'll see.

Also...

Last night I went to YouTube and typed in "Pagan Solstice". I found several songs that I liked, and will be sharing them between now and solstice. Below is the first one.

It's got alternative Pagan lyrics to the song "Silent Night", though there isn't any vocalist in the YouTube. So you'll have to sing the lyrics yourself. :)


1 comment:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

That is a LOVELY Silent Night! And a total lunar eclipse on the Solstice -- WOW! Makes the day even more special!