Saturday, December 18, 2010

Yule as New Years

The solstice is only three days away now, and I'm getting pretty excited.

To me, Samhain (October 31st) is the end of the old year, and Yule is the beginning of the new year. Since Samhain I've been working on letting go of old energies that are either negative or stagnant, and preparing myself to start off the new year well.

One of the things I did to get rid of old energies was thoroughly clean my bedroom, and I pretty much turned the place upside down doing it. It's amazing how something as mundane as cleaning can have such an effect on my above stated goal.

I also wanted to share a YouTube about Yule. Not everything she says clicks with me, but I like it.

1 comment:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Lovely video -- especially like the sanctuary space where the ritual was held!