Thursday, January 27, 2011

Shoulda named him Pounce

I have two windows in my bedroom, and I love it. One is at the foot of my bed, and the other runs alongside my bed. When the weather is nice I can open them both up and have a breeze in my room.

And, I'm not the only one who loves my windows.

The cats love them too. And because my bed is right under the windows, it's virtually always used (sometimes with excess energy) as a pathway to the windows. This means that I have been forced to become accustomed to the cats crawling all over me in the middle of the night. I've gotten used to it though, and it hardly ever bothers me anymore. And if the cats do wake me up I can generally just go right back to sleep. No problem.

But there is one thing that I will never become used to, and that is when Kokopelle jumps from the window ledge onto my tummy. While I am asleep. And wakes me up. And let me say, this is a very rude awakening.

Imagine lying in bed, happily asleep, and then POW!!! You are woken from your slumbers by fifteen pounds* of cat landing on your tummy.

It's irritating enough when Kokopelle is just using me as a stepping stone on his way out of my room, but what is really infuriating is when he proceeds to curl up beside me to sleep as though though nothing is wrong in the world.

Cats. They can be so aggravating, and yet I forgive them every time. Even as I hiss threats at them -- ok, at one cat in particular -- in the 2am darkness, I forgive them for everything they do.


*This is a guesstimate. I don't really know how much Kokopelle weighs.

2 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

You exist merely to serve them. The cats know this.

Sarita Rucker said...

Oh yeah, I forgot about that...

:)