Sunday, January 2, 2011

That silly cat

I have a funny cat story.

When mom got out of bed this morning Kokopelle immediately started pestering her. He meowed and meowed and meowed, and would not leave her alone. It was unbelievable. Eventually our other two cats, Socks and Saphira, joined him. They didn't make the racket that Kokopelle was making, but they did look at my mom expectantly.

We had no idea what was going on at first. Eventually, though, mom said "Wait a minute. Koko [as she calls him] is pestering me as soon as I'm up, and the other two cats are waiting for something...I know what this is!" That's when I finally recognized the particular meow Kokopelle was using. It's the one that he reserved for one thing only: demanding wet food.

I couldn't believe it. It's been nearly two years since we've fed them wet food. Which, of course, is why I didn't recognize the particular tone in his meow to begin with. It's been so long.

And now I'm wondering what was going through his kitty mind, that made him demand wet food apparently out of the blue.

He didn't get any wet food, by the way. We don't have any in the house. He does have plenty of dry food, though, so contrary to what he would have us believe he will not starve as a result of our refusing to indulge his every whim.

2 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Maybe his New Year's resolution is to start nagging you unmercifully again for wet food. If so, I pity you. I'm sure he'll be relentless.

Sarita Rucker said...

Fortunately that doesn't seem to be his resolution. What a relief. :)