Monday, January 24, 2011

Your help is needed

"Severe winter weather throughout much of the eastern half of the United States in recent weeks has already caused the cancellation of more than 14,000 blood and platelet donations through the American Red Cross . . . . In fact, the Red Cross says it has not seen its blood supply drop this dramatically at this time of year over the past ten years." *

I just got a call from the Red Cross asking for my help because they need blood. I cannot donate right now because I am not feeling well, and a person must be 100% healthy to donate. However, I assured the person who called me that I would help get word out there.

The Red Cross has issued a national appeal for blood, and they need your help. If you are eligible to donate, please do so. You can click here to find a place near you (if you're in the USA) to donate.

If you are uncertain about whether you are eligible to donate, click here. Note that just because you see something on the list doesn't mean it makes you ineligible. Acupuncture is the first thing on the list, but it's there just to clarify that it does not make you ineligible. :)

All blood types are needed, and it is easy to donate. I speak from experience.

* I grabbed this quote from this webpage.

No comments: