Tuesday, February 15, 2011

The agonies of school

For one of my classes I have the following assignment: pick a place (outdoors) to visit regularly, and write about.

As a result of this assignment I have spent more time outdoors than usual and made the following discoveries:

1) There is a park near my house with a play structure that includes SWINGS!!!

2) If I walk home from the park instead of taking a bus it only takes about twenty minutes. This is a good way to get some exercise.

3) There's a nice nature trail near my house.

4) There are quite a few places for wildlife in my general area. They tend to be small(ish), but they're there.

In the process of discovering the above facts I was forced to spend time in nature.

The agony! To be required to get fresh air, and to listen to the land. To have to hear the bird songs and watch the wild life, and then revisit the experience to write about it!

Oh, how I suffer. *wipes away a tear*

And the swings. Don't get me started about the swing set I found. Whenever I visit the park I find myself drawn to the swings and I spend at least twenty minutes on them. During that time I become a ten year old again.

Yes, I do endure much torture for the sake of my education.

*pout*

2 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Your professor is a MONSTER to make you do that assignment!

Sarita Rucker said...

I know, it's just HORRIBLE.