Thursday, February 3, 2011

"American Pie"

I somehow got the chorus of "American Pie" stuck in my head recently. I mentioned this to Tall One, we started talking about the song, and it quickly became obvious to him that the chorus is about all I know.

It turns out that Tall One knows "American Pie" quite well, and has even read up on the meaning(s) behind the song. He was shocked at my ignorance, so he pulled out his iPhone and played the song for me. (Gotta love those iPhones!) At the end of the song I asked "Ok, who died?" So he explained the references, and I am now a slightly more cultured United States citizen.

However, I still think that I like this one better:

2 comments:

Magaly Guerrero said...

It is very nice to see something familiar in a new way; especially if we like it.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

This version is great, LOL! Hadn't heard it before. Guess I must be living under a rock, eh?