Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Imbolc

First, I want to say that I really love my fellow Pagan bloggers. Most of the Pagans I know I know online, so your blogs are actually pretty important to me. Thank you. :D

Now, on to Imbolc.

Traditionally, Imbolc has been the time of year when winter is still around, but you're just beginning to see bits of spring. While it is true that much of the USA is still in winter's grip, that doesn't seem to be the case here in Oregon. In fact, we're having some rather spring like weather, and so far as I'm concerned we haven't had a proper winter yet.

So rather than looking for hints that spring is just around the corner, I see spring already beginning to wake up here. *sigh* Maybe I shouldn't complain. Early spring is my favorite time of year. But I also want to have a proper winter. I find myself a little envious of those of you who are currently snowed in...

For Imbolc this year I made a Brighid's Cross. It's the first time I've ever made one. It turns out to be pretty easy! :) It's currently on my altar, and will probably stay there for a little while.

I also gave an offering to the fey folk, and will probably give some more offerings throughout this month as Danni is posting stories and art from her readers about faeries this month. (If you haven't checked it out yet I recommend that you do!)



It was a pretty good Imbolc. :)

3 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I'm glad you made a Brigid's Cross! Imbolc blessings to you!

Magaly Guerrero said...

My rosemary plant heard you and now she is all confused about spring; I woke up to a bunch of new shoots ;-)

Sarita Rucker said...

Debra -- I'm also glad that I made a Brighid's Cross. :)

Magaly -- Tell your rosemary to stop listening to me and to look out the window in NY. lol