Saturday, February 26, 2011

My birthday present

My closest friend moved out of town at the end of last September. I was happy for her, but also sad, and we agreed that I would visit the following spring.

Spring is almost here, and I've been wondering if I have the money to visit. After all, I'd be taking the Greyhound bus to her place and that costs money. Roughly $100 for the round trip. I had been trying to ignore the sad fact that I can't really spare this money (or anyways, that it would be better off staying in my savings) when a way to deal with the money issue arose.

My birthday is coming up, so yesterday mom asked me "Sarita, would you like some bus tickets for your birthday?" Bus tickets? I thought, Why would she buy me bus tickets for my birthday? She buys me those often enough on a regular basis. "No thanks. There are some books I would like..." Obviously I didn't understand what she meant when she said "bus tickets," so she clarified "You do realize that I'm talking about Greyhound bus tickets?"

Plans were finalized today, and I now have my birthday present from mom: Greyhound bus tickets to visit my friend during spring break. And I am happy. Happy happy happy. :)

2 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Your Mom is so smart! What a terrific birthday present! Happy B-day and have fun!

Magaly Guerrero said...

Your mom is such a sweetie! Enjoy your time with your friend; can't wait to see all the fun trouble you two will get into ;-)