Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Of belly dancers and grandmas

I couldn't decide what to talk about first: my trip, or my grandma. So I decided to talk about both of them in the same post, in the order that they happened.

~~~

First, please allow me to introduce my friend, The Belly Dancer. I've blogged about her before, but I've never given her a name. I always felt like it would be awkward to ask her "Hey, may I use your name on my blog, or may I make up a name?" I did finally ask that question before coming back home (I didn't think to ask her boyfriend that question, though, so he'll just be The Belly Dancer's Boyfriend) and she suggested the name The Belly Dancer, which I think suits her nicely.

So, what to say about my trip?

I already talked about the SCA event, which was really fun. I'll probably share photos from it eventually, but I'm on the wrong computer for that now so photos will have to wait until later.

My friend also did some belly dancing while I was there. I'm not calling her The Belly Dancer for nothing! :) One thing that was funny was when she was dancing in a restaurant, and managed to get another woman who had done belly dancing before to show her some moves -- on the floor. So there the second belly dancer was, in a short dress and nice shoes, doing floor work. If you want to see exactly what I mean, go to 2:30 in the following video.



The Belly Dancer was quite happy with herself for getting the other woman to show her some moves, and the icing on the cake was that the woman had a date and his eyes went SO BIG when he saw her undulating horizontally.

The Belly Dancer and The Belly Dancer's Boyfriend also showed me some of the sights in their city. Including some craft stores and some book stores. They have good taste in stores. :)

I'm glad to be home, but I'm looking forward to seeing them again.

~~~

I really didn't know what to expect when coming home because I knew that a stranger had moved in while I was gone. After all, I hadn't seen grandma since I was a baby. And she'd never met my younger brother before, ever.

Amazingly, it hasn't been been too strange (to me) to have grandma living with us.

My first day back I took her to visit a nearby shop that's a favorite of mine. She has a wheel chair for when she leaves the house, so I pushed her all the way there and back. (It's a manual wheel chair and she doesn't have the strength to wheel herself around.) I managed to work up a sweat in the process! So I think that my new exercise regime should be to take grandma places. ;)

I don't really know what else to say. It's nice to have her around, and she's sweet.

3 comments:

Jaz said...

Food service managers are responsible for the daily operations of restaurants and other establishments that prepare and serve meals and beverages to customers.

Hoteis Em Joao Pessoa

Debra She Who Seeks said...

The belly dancing story made me LOL -- or perhaps I should say ROFL? Glad you're enjoying your Grandma's company and how nice that you take her out and about.

Magaly Guerrero said...

It sounds like you had a log of fun and your friends are to blame ;-)

And WOO to the belly moves!

I'm glad you are seeing the positive side of having grandma around. I can't wait to see the muscles *grin* and read the stories about what you guys do together.