Tuesday, March 29, 2011

School

I got back from my trip to visit my friend (who I will call The Belly Dancer) a couple days ago and I spent yesterday becoming acquainted with my grandma. I'll talk about both of these exciting things later, and probably at great length. But in this post I want to talk about school.

Last year I didn't do too well in school. My not doing well was a combination of being in a major that did not suit me, and the fact that I suffered from depression in winter and spring terms.

The depression struck in the last few weeks of winter term, and I did very little (if any) homework after it hit. For my music classes I had already done enough that I was able to scrape by passing those classes despite failing one of my final exams. But as for my non-music class, LAC 301? I failed it.

LAC 301 is a class that is required for all Marylhurst students who do not already have a college degree. It's basically an introduction to the school and it helps students learn how to learn. And because it is a required class I knew I would have to take it again.

I was dreading it.

Last term, a year after I had initially failed the class, I re-took it and this time I passed it. And I am quite happy with myself.

I have my first class of spring term today, and I don't have to worry about LAC 301 any more.

3 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Hooray for you! Your perseverance paid off big time!

Magaly Guerrero said...

WoooHooo! I'm so glad baby girl! I know all about taking classes you don't like, but we must, don't we? I'm loving all my current classes ;-) I'm having a blast with my poetry class, can you believe it? Of course you can my dear poet. I just wrote my 2nd poem!!! I got an A on my sonnet and that made supper happy. I might post my second poem soon, and oh heck the first too.

Sarita Rucker said...

Debra -- :)

Magaly -- I look forward to reading your poems. :)