Sunday, March 13, 2011

Travel plans

Two exciting things will be happening this Wednesday. The first exciting thing is that I will hop on a Greyhound bus to visit a close friend of mine who left town last fall. The second exciting thing is that my grandma will arrive in Portland to live with us.

The not so great thing about this is that I cannot exchange my bus ticket for one that leaves another day so I'll miss seeing grandma when she arrives -- by about two hours! Yes, her plane will touch down just a couple hours (or maybe less) after my bus pulls away from the Greyhound station.

So while grandma is settling in to her new home, I will be visiting with a friend.

I look forward to seeing my friend. We don't really have any exact plans, except for attending one belly dance show that my friend will perform in, and going to an SCA event. My friend's family is involved in SCA so even though this will be something new to me, it's something she's used to.



Then (eleven days later, just as spring term is beginning!) I'll get back home where grandma will have been settling in and getting used to things. The last time I saw grandma I was a baby, and she's never seen Tall One. So her moving in will be quite interesting, and exciting.

I look forward to seeing both people: my friend, and my grandma. Just not at the same time, unfortunately.

By the way, grandma living with us will be only temporary...though we don't know how temporary. That will depend on when we can get her on medicare. And who knows how long that will take. But in the meantime, we'll take care of her. :)

2 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Happy belated birthday, Sarita! Have a blast with your friend and I'm looking forward to hearing about the SCA event -- very cool!

Sarita Rucker said...

I'm sure I'll have plenty to share about the SCA event. :)