Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Wow

Guess what? Grandma is coming up from Texas to live with us temporarily. Just how temporarily is unknown. We'll have to play it by ear.

And let's see, when does she arrive? In about a week.

And when do I leave to visit my friend? In about a week.

Really not so great timing. I wish I could have foreseen this somehow.

And since I just found this video about Portland, I would like to share it to show a little of what my grandma might see when she comes!

TRAVEL PORTLAND! from James Westby on Vimeo.

In the video are some of the sights of Portland, as well as three nearby places that are great to visit: the Columbia River Gorge (simply called "the Gorge" by us locals), Mount Hood, and the beach. The first forty seconds show the side of Portland that I know and love the best.

2 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Looks like a beautiful city!

Sarita Rucker said...

It definitely is. Of course, it also rains a lot, which they don't show in the video... but it's nice. :)