Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Dear Insomnia...

Dear Insomnia,

I know you love me, but your love is unrequited. Every time you visit me I am tired the next day -- and I am not tired due to having had a good time.

No more nights like last night, or two nights ago. I do not like taking well over an hour to get to sleep. How about more nights like one night ago, when I fell asleep almost immediately on going to bed?

And don't make me even mention the one time some years ago when I couldn't sleep until dawn at 4am. (Whoops, too late. I mentioned it.) I still haven't forgiven you for that.

Please, cease and desist. If you don't then I will be forced to pull out the medicines that will make me sleep. I still have those from the last time you decided to pay an unwelcome visit and stay a while. Do you really want to fight them?

Sincerely,

Sarita

ps. Oh yes, I'd forgotten about the times I couldn't sleep until 6am. And that was even more recent than when I only got to sleep at 4am. I guess I should thank you for letting me sleep before 2am last night?

4 comments:

Travis Erwin said...

Insomnia sucks. maY YOU CHASE IT AWAY SOON.

Sarita Rucker said...

I'm an old hand at chasing away insomnia. It gets me for a few nights, but once I figure out that it intends to hang out for a while I'm generally good at being able to defeat it.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I shake my fist at insomnia on your behalf.

Magaly Guerrero said...

Insomnia don't make me beat you silly! I'll stay up, just to kick your behind into dreamland. How would like that, huh?

Hope you are sleeping, Sarita!