Monday, April 4, 2011

How to help witch hunt victims

Mrs. B. is doing a series on 30 Days of Advocacy Against Witch-Hunts which I have been following. In her posts you can find info about how to help those who have been (usually falsely) accused of witchcraft and then tortured and/or killed for it.

There are two things in particular I'd like to highlight...

She's has set up a page to help raise money for Stepping Stones Nigeria, a charity which helps children who have been victims of the witch hunt. Even if you can't donate, why don't you tell your friends about it? It's for a good cause.

The English major in me particularly loves another option for helping: buying the book Eno's Story by Ayodele Olofintuade. It is a children's book written to raise awareness about what happens to the children accused of witchcraft, and half of the proceeds go to Stepping Stones.



I have ordered it, and when I get it I'll definitely review it. So keep your eyes peeled for my review! :)

1 comment:

Magaly Guerrero said...

I just bought my copy of Eno's Story! I'll review it too. Thanks so much for the suggestion! I've been looking for a way to help, and this one is perfect!