Monday, May 30, 2011

Birthdays

How did it get to be May 30th!?

It's funny how days can just creep by without me noticing.

Anyways...

Tall One's birthday was on May 23rd. I posted about other stuff that day, but not about him.

The cake was a nut and carrot cake, with some apricots in the middle of it. It was weird, but yummy.

And what did I get him? I got him an aromatherapy thingy. He had already figured out what I was getting him, but he thought I was getting him a soapstone one. So he was rather surprised when I gave him the glass and metal one you see to the left! I also gave him cinnamon leaf essential oil.

Two days later was The Belly Dancer's birthday. She's up in Spokane and I'm down here so I wasn't able to be with her on her birthday, but I did send her an aromatherapy locket that I've fallen in love with myself. So now she can wander around smelling like clove, which is the essential oil I sent her, or anything else she wants to.

No, I don't make a habit of giving people aromatherapy stuff for presents all the time. But I happened to know that Tall One wanted one and when I found this locket on Amazon.com I decided that I had to get it for The Belly Dancer.

I also found some amazing aromatherapy earrings, but I restrained myself from buying any. Maybe I'll get one of the inexpensive pair in the future. :)

3 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

The smell of cloves is so comforting. And I like both the aromatherapy diffuser and locket that you chose.

Magaly Guerrero said...

I have a bunch of aromatherapy baggies, so I can appreciate this lovely gifts my dear. You rock and I bet everybody is happy and smelling wonderful.

Sarita Rucker said...

I dreamed about getting a silver aromatherapy locket last night...hmm...maybe it's an indication of what someone's planning to get me? lol

Debra -- I love clove. :)

Magaly -- What are aromatherapy baggies? Are they baggies with herbs that smell good?