Wednesday, May 25, 2011

I'm Santa Rucker!

First, a screen shot and a photo. The explanation will follow.



Several years ago I published the poem Mehndi in Cricket magazine. This was super awesome, and I was super excited.

A few days ago I Googled my name just to see what's out there on the web under my name (it's good to see what's out there every so often) and I came across a Britannica article about Mehndi. That was nothing new, I'd seen it before. But what I hadn't seen before is that they misspelled my name in one place, as you can see in the screen shot. The funny thing is that they spelled my name correctly elsewhere on the page.

On one hand I couldn't believe it, but on the other hand I could believe it. The photo I've provided is straight out of Cricket mag. I love the font my name is written in, but the "r" and "i" are so close that they look like one letter. When I first saw it I had to do a double take, and I came to it knowing what my name is already!

Anyways, so the point is some people out there think I'm Santa.

I contacted Britannica expressing a hope that this could be fixed easily and promptly. Unfortunately they replied today that they got the info from EBSCO Publishing House and have no authority to make edits. Well, if they can't do anything then there's no point in me bugging them, so I'll talk to EBSCO Publishing House about this. But first I have to figure out who to talk to there! lol I admit I'm a little intimidated. As a college student I've used EBSCOhost and I never realized that they were also a publishing house. And I'm a little in awe of them.

This will get straightened out, hopefully soon, but in the meantime I'm Santa. Which could be sort of fun.

Ho ho ho! May I present you with some poems? I'll even gift wrap them if you want!

7 comments:

Sarita Rucker said...

I would just like to mention that I Googled "Santa Rucker" just now and I found out that there's actually someone with that name out there.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I've been a good girl all year, Santa. I'd like a pony and a bicycle for Christmas please.

Magaly Guerrero said...

I'm been a wicked Witch, Santa. If I don't get dark poem about charcoal and gory things, I'll hes you ;-D

Sarita Rucker said...

Debra, let me check my lists...yep, you're on the good list. I'll give you anything you ask for!

Magaly, you're definitely on the bad list. However, I'm so terrified that I'll give you whatever you want.

;)

Carrie said...

Um, I think you're missing the big picture here. YOU'RE LISTED ON EBSCOHOST! (Which I used to use on a daily basis, btw.) lol. jk. I'd be super annoyed about having my name misprinted too.

Sarita Rucker said...

I'm not really annoyed. Or anyways, not yet. I just want to get it fixed.

And part of me doesn't really believe that I'm listed in EBSCOhost. lol It's just too big! :)

Sarita Rucker said...

OMG I'M ON EBSCOHOST!!!

lol ...sorry, it just sunk in! lol