I'm in a bad mood, and I need to rant.
And everything about my bad mood relates to grandma's microwave fire. Well, it mostly relates to the fire.
1) Mom declared the microwave to be non-salvageable and threw it out. So now we have no microwave.
2) The water for the tea I'm drinking was heated on the stove since we now have no microwave. Ok, so I guess this is the least of my complaints...
3) The house still smells like smoke. Despite doors being opened to allow the house to air out.
4) My throat is a bit raw, due to smoke, which is not good for singing.
5) We've had fires in this microwave before. I think I even started one of them. But they were never allowed to smolder for who knows how long like the one on Sunday.
I'm not angry with grandma. She has dementia and it isn't her fault. We should have either kept a better eye on her or forbidden her use of the microwave. Or both. I'm just frustrated with the situation. That is, the smoke I inhaled, and the smoke that is still lingering.
On the upside I have a mid-term this afternoon and that should take my mind off these things.
Oh and one good bit of news -- grandma will move into a nursing home on Friday. This is something she needs. To tell the truth, it's also something we (mom, dad, Tall One, and I) need.
Back to the smoke, and also my plea for help: Does anyone have any suggestions for getting rid of the smoke? Please? And I don't mean just covering up the smell. I mean making the smoke go bye-bye.