Thursday, May 19, 2011

The Rapture

Guess what I just read about today? Christians who will be Raptured can pay for their left-behind pets to be taken care of by heathens.

On one hand this is funny. In a way everything about Rapture is funny to me, as you may have guessed by my post yesterday.

But it also seems sad to me.

I don't believe in the Rapture, and I don't believe that the right-wing Christians will begin to vanish on Saturday. However, there are plenty who do believe in the Rapture. And what are they doing? Preparing for the end.

And the end won't come.

So what will they do to pick up the pieces once the end doesn't happen? After all, some people are quitting their jobs and spending all their life savings because the end is near, and they will not have a penny left on May 22nd. Why? Because they don't plan to be around then.

What will they do?

I don't like to think about it. I guess that's why I prefer to laugh, and write things like yesterday's post.

I guess they'll do what people in past years have done. After all, this is hardly the first time that doomsday has been predicted.

5 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Well, at least they're not drinking Kool Aid. They can always get another job and acquire more possessions. Once you drink the Kool Aid though, game's over.

Judy said...

Stopped at my son's yesterday to say 'bye' just in case they were leaving ... they said they don't believe in the rapture at this time ...

Sarita Rucker said...

Debra -- What's wrong with drinking Kool Aid? I remember drinking that stuff as a kid.

Judy -- I'm glad to hear they're staying. :)

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I was referring to the Jim Jones cult where everyone committed mass suicide by drinking poisoned Kool Aid. They created their own Judgment Day.

Sarita Rucker said...

I'd heard about the Jim Jones cult but I didn't know that they suicided with poison Kool Aid! Wow.