Sunday, May 1, 2011

Taking control

I have this reoccurring dream about my teeth falling out, or being about to fall out. Sometimes it's just one tooth. Sometimes it's more.

Sometimes it's all of them.

I've read that dreaming about teeth falling out means that a person is worried about communication. I don't know if that's true, but it could be. I do have a speech disorder and a language disorder. I don't think that they don't bother me much these days, but in the past they made it almost impossible for my speech to be understood, and often made it difficult for me to understand others.

I had the teeth falling out dream again a couple nights ago, but with a difference. In this dream I said "No, this is not ok. Teeth, get back where you belong in my mouth. Don't fall out." They obeyed me at first, but then started falling out again. I didn't like what was happening, and I somehow knew that I didn't have to stay in that reality, so I decided to leave.

I woke up.

Taking control, for at least a little, and then waking up when I wanted out somehow felt like a big accomplishment.

2 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Strange dream! But you put those teeth in their place, LOL!

Sarita Rucker said...

This is far from the strangest dream I've had. lol