Sunday, May 8, 2011

Well, that was interesting...

This morning I woke up to the smell of smoke. I could hear other people moving around in the house and no one was screaming so I thought to myself Well, it can't be anything too bad...hey, maybe it's coming in from the outside? Yes, that must be it. Then as I was sniffing at one of my bedroom windows my mom came to my room and said "My mom started a fire in the microwave."

Whoopee.

So now the house smells like smoke, and after a couple hours I ran away from home to my local library. Of course, I'm going to have to go back home at closing time...

Due to one or two other things that have happened (but which I'd rather not write about) (don't worry they're aren't too bad -- I'm just preserving some privacy) mom's not going to go back to work until grandma is in a nursing home. Unless I can stay home to look after her. But I spend most of my days at school.

The good news is that grandma could be in a nursing home as soon as this Tuesday. :)

2 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Yes, when one cannot safely stay alone, a nursing home is best. She'll receive good care there. There's a nursing home in all our futures.

Sarita Rucker said...

Well, most of our futures anyways.

But yes, when a person cannot be safely left alone it becomes necessary to put them in a nursing home, unless the family is able to be there 24/7 for the person. Which we can't be.

Mom has found a nursing home that I think is good, and I'm hoping that they'll accept grandma. It seems like a good place. It's actually the type of place that I would probably want to be placed in when I'm old and need a nursing home. :)