Saturday, June 25, 2011

My relationship with Jesus

A re-post from March 11th 2010. Here I share one Pagan's relationship with Jesus.

...

I got to thinking about my relationship with Jesus when I was working on Vivaldi's "Gloria" with my choir -- see the videos here if you haven't already -- and am finally writing a post on the topic.

We never went to church and we didn't really read the Bible, but my parents raised me Christian. We celebrated Christmas and Easter (we still do) and said blessings before meals (again, we still do). Of my own accord I eventually started saying prayers before going to sleep each night.

There were some things that didn't make sense to me, such as Jesus dying so that everyone could live forever. But in my usual style I just sort of ignored those confusing details, and went ahead and prayed to him. So, I began my relationship with him.

I do have a couple of memories I'd like to share that will give you an idea of what it was like. It's difficult to describe these experiences, though. lol I guess it's just had to explain anything of this nature.

One night when I was saying my bedtime prayers I felt overwhelmingly that I was loved, and I knew that the love was coming from God. Of course, "God" being the name that came to mind at the time. These days I'm more specific about which deity I encounter.

The other memory I want to share is actually a dream I had. I don't remember much of the dream, other than just a tiny bit of it.

There wasn't much detail of our surroundings. All I remember is that everything was white, and Jesus was there with me. Neither of us said anything, but we embraced. That's all I remember of the dream.

3 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Jesus was a swell guy, in his own way.

Magaly Guerrero said...

I agree with Debra; Jesus sounds like a wonderful being. Walk on water... did some magic... care for those who no one else did... great guy.

Sarita Rucker said...

:)